A Peek at the Fun: Are you looking for a way to make back to school fun? I think this simple DIY school supply cake will do the trick. Such a fun way to get back into the swing of the school year.
Am I the only one obsessed with school supplies? I hope not! Seriously, I’m like a kid in a candy store when I pass the school supply section…so many supplies I can’t choose just one. This year I’ve taken my obsession to a new level by volunteering to head up a school supply collection for my local elementary school. And if I’m in charge of something like that, shouldn’t I have a fun decoration on my table? This school supply cake will make the perfect addition to our supply drive and is a fun idea for back to school.
School Supply Cake:
Isn’t this so fun and colorful? It’s perfect for your kiddos to get them excited about heading back to school, or would be a great gift for your teachers to help get their room stocked.
And have we started to chat about how simple this is to put together?
- Two round hat boxes-7 & 9 inch diameter
- Colored Pencils (90)
- 2 Scissors
- Glue Sticks (29)
- Crayons (55)
- 3 Bottles of Glue
- Pencils (3)
- Glue Dots
- Rubber Bands (2 large)
- 2 Round Foam (sized to fit in the top hat box)
- Using the glue dots, glue the colored pencils around the outside of the larger hatbox. The open end of the hat box is actually the bottom of this cake, leaving the solid side on top so the next layer can stack on top.
- To secure the pencils, add a rubber band around them.
- For the next layer, glue the crayons on the inside edge of the 7 inch hat box. If the glue dots don’t hold you can use tape on along the bottom of the crayons.
- Next, put a rubber band around the outside of the 7 inch hat box and start to tuck the glue sticks in creating a line of glue sticks on the outside edge of the box.
- Place your foam pieces in the box hat so you can place your glue bottles and pencils on top creating the top layer to your cake.
- Spread paper clips around to cover any exposed foam.
- Add a ribbon around both layers hiding the rubber band and further securing the supplies on the cake.
- Tuck two sets of scissors in the ribbon for a cute finish to the cake.
- (If the second layer of your cake needs to be higher you can place a foam piece under it for lift)
I promised it would be simple! Now, it’s time to head to the school supply isle…best isle ever!! 🙂
Have FUN making a school supply cake!
You Might Also Like:
Knock You Socks Off-Back to School Gift:
Leave a Reply