A Peek at the Fun: Need a new game to play? The President Card Game is a blast to play and beyond simple to learn! It’s perfect for the whole family.
Does your family love to play games? If so, you need to introduce them to this card game. We call it President but we’ve also heard it called Scum. It’s really so fun and so simple, it will quickly become a favorite.
We are all about making fun moments and for us, games is a huge part of that. We seriously can’t get enough of them. Such a fun way to play and laugh together. This fun President card game will give you lots of laughs and maybe even a little friendly competition.
And if you love card games like we do, check these ones out. They are perfect to add to your collection of fun games.
Let’s get to teaching you how to play President!
President Card Game:
- One Standard Deck of Playing Cards (52 Playing Cards and Two Jokers)
Be the first player to get rid of all of your cards from your hand. The first player to do this is the President and next player is the Vice President. The last two players finished will be the Vice Scum and Scum. This will matter in the next round.
Ages: We play with kiddos ages 8 and up. You really can decide if your kiddos are old enough to understand the game, or they can be on a team with another player.
Number of Players: 3 and up. You can play with as many people as you want. If playing with more than 8-10 players you may want another deck of cards.
Card Rank for President:
The cards will rank as follows from highest to lowest: 2 Jokers, 3, 2, Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, and 4. You can decide which joker will be the highest joker and it will be the most powerful card.
How to Play President:
- Before you start, choose a President, Vice President, Scum and Vice Scum (if you are only playing with 4 or less players, play without “Vices”). You can choose by rolling a dice (highest rolls are President) or choosing cards (again, highest are President).
- Deal all of the cards, one at a time to each player. Dealer starts dealing to the player on their left and circles around until all cards are dealt. We usually make dealing a job for the Scum player.
- Each player can look at their cards and arrange them in order from highest (Joker or 3’s) to lowest (4).
- The Scum give the President their two best cards (the cards worth the highest value) and the President gives the scum any two cards they choose. For instance, the President may have three 4’s and wishes to keep them together. The Scum doesn’t get to choose.
- The Vice Scum gives their best card to the Vice President and the Vice President gives one card of their choice to the Vice Scum. This happens before the round begins. (You can see how happy this exchange makes the President…look at that grin)
- The President will be the first to play a card. The idea of the game is to play cards according to numerical value from least to greatest. If the first player plays one card, that round each player may only play one card. If the first person plays two cards, that round can only have doubles played. The person who begins the round dictates how many cards can be played. So in the example below, the first player played double 8’s. That round only doubles can be played and they need to increase in numerical value.
- The object of the game is to play all of your cards. So, the first player can play any card they choose. The next player needs to beat that card by playing a higher value card. The round continues until it goes back to the original player or if no one can beat the card played (because it’s higher than what anyone wants/can play).
- If a player plays a card that no one can beat, that player clears the pile and starts the next round. If the round continues until it circles back to the original player who played the first card, they will clear the pile and start the next round again. There is some strategy deciding when to play the high cards. You want to be able to play your cards first, but if you end up with only low cards left you will have a hard time getting them played. So, you may want to hold onto your high cards until others have played their cards so you can take some rounds.
How to Win:
Be the first player to play all of your cards. The first player will be the President for the next round. But the game continues until everyone has played their cards. You will sit in the order you got your cards played. So first player is President, second player is Vice President down to the last players who will be Vice Scum and Scum. If you are only playing with 4-5 players you may want to eliminate the Vice positions. If you are playing with a large group the middle players will be “Common” players. They are just in the middle until they move up or down.
That’s it, you are ready to play.
Have fun playing this President Card Game!
You May Also Like:
30 Fun Activities for Kids at Home
Leave a Reply