A Peek at the Fun: If you are looking for a fun and simple game to play, Nertz card game is it! Perfect for the entire family, and super easy to learn.
I’m so excited to introduce you to this quick paced game of Nertz. It’s a fun and simple game to play and to learn making it perfect for any occasion. All you need is a deck of cards per player and you are all set!
Let’s learn to play Nertz…I promise you’ll love it!
Before I tell you all of the deets on Nertz, I have some more fun games I think you will love:
Nertz Card Game:
If you’ve played Solitaire this will be a lot like that. It’s really just a variation of Solitaire, but played in groups and is fast paced.
What you Need:
- A Standard Deck of Cards Per Player-(affiliate) Bicycle Standard (2 Deck Pack)
Object of the Game:
- The object of the game is to get rid of the Nertz pile of cards. Once that pile is gone, that player wins.
Game Set Up:
- Number of players can range from 2 players and up.
- Each player use their own deck of cards (no jokers).
- Shuffle cards. Count out 13 cards and place them in a pile with the top card turned up…this is your Nertz pile.
- Place 4 single cards face up next to the Nertz pile creating your “work piles”
- Leave an open area in the middle of the players for the common area (which I’ll explain later).
- The remaining cards each player has will be their “stock pile” to be used during the game.
- It should look something like the image below.
How to Play Nertz:
- Each player will play on their own “work piles” using their Nertz pile and their “stock pile” cards. The only cards that will be played as a group is in the middle area where the aces will go.
- When the game is started every player begins to play their cards. There are a couple ways to play through a player’s cards. Cards can be played in the “common area” starting with an Ace and played same suit in numerical order up to a King. Each player can play on their own “work piles” alternating colors and counting down in numerical order. For instance, if a black Queen is showing, the player can play a red Jack followed by a black 10 and so on down the line.
- Players will be working through their “stock pile” cards turning every 3rd card up. If the 3rd card can be played in the “common area” or on the player’s “work piles” the player can play that card. Remember, the idea is to get rid of the Nertz pile so always take the opportunity to play that card first.
- Once a card is played from the Nertz pile, the player will flip over the next card on the pile.
- Players can always have 4 “work piles” so when there’s an empty slot the top card from the Nertz pile can be moved in that slot. Kings from the “stock pile” cards can also be placed in an empty slot, but moving the Nertz pile is priority so that is usually the best move.
How to Win Nertz:
- Being the first player to play all of the cards from the Nertz pile wins the game! The player simply shouts “Nertz” to signal the end.
I hope you have so much fun playing this Nertz card game…it’s really one of my favorites!
You Might Also Like: