A Peek at the Fun: Looking for a fun card game to play with the entire family? We will show you how to play Garbage, a super fun card game.
Does your family like to play card games? We love playing them and are always on the lookout for fun games to play with our families. Well, Garbage is it.
Yes, you heard correctly…Garbage card game! It’s a super fun game that the whole family will love. And so simple everyone can play.
How to Play Garbage:
Garbage is an easy to play card game that is perfect for all ages and any size group. Players simply need to be able to put their cards in numerical order, so if the player can count they are old enough to play.
What is Needed:
- One deck of cards (52 card deck)-if you are playing with 4 or more players you may need additional decks.
- We like these cards from Amazon (affiliate) 2-Pack: Playing Cards
How to Start:
- Deal 10 cards to each player, leaving the cards turned facedown on the table.
- Each player will arrange their cards in 2 rows of 5 in front of them (leaving facedown).
- Be the first player to arrange the cards in numerical order starting with an Ace as the starting card. Ordering them from Ace-10.
How to Play Garbage Card Game:
- The player to the left of the dealer will go first. That player may take the card that is face up (one card is left face up by the remaining stack of cards), or they may draw a card from the top of the deck.
- The first player draws their card, if it is an Ace-10, they may play that card in the corresponding spot. For example, if the player draws a 2 they will place that card in the second spot face up.
- The card that was in the second spot is then flipped over revealing the card. If the card is another card between Ace-10 it can be placed in the proper spot.
- This keeps going until the player reaches a card that cannot be placed. The player will then discard that card, and their turn is over.
- If a King is drawn or turned over at any point, it can be used as a wild card. The player may place it in any spot they wish. Once a King card is placed, it can be moved if the card fitting that spot is revealed. Jacks and Queens are always garbage cards.
- When a player has all of their cards uncovered and in numerical order, they win that round.
- Each player will have one more turn to try to finish turning all of their cards. If a player does, they also win that round. Players can turn over their cards after their final turn to see if their cards line up by chance. If they do, that player also wins the round.
- There will be 10 rounds of this Garbage card game. If a player “won” the previous round, they will receive one less card. So if they had 10 cards previously, they will be dealt 9 cards. They will then need to arrange the cards from Ace to 9.
- Each round won, means one less card the next round for the players that won. So as the game gets going, each player could get a different amount of cards.
Winning a Game of Garbage:
- The first player to get down to one card and gets an Ace uncovered, wins the game.
We hope you have fun playing this Garbage Card Game!!
You Might Also Like: