A Peek at the Fun: Need some get well soon gift ideas for a friend who is sick or having surgery or needs to get feeling better soon? Here’s a DIY get well gift basket along with ideas of what gifts to give someone who’s not feeling well.
Amber here. Danetta doesn’t even know I’m writing this post….shhhh!
Today’s not a fun day for my friend. Right now she’s off at the hospital having surgery on her elbow that she dislocated and broke three weeks ago. The recovery is likely to be long and hard and overall it’s not a fun situation. And she’s not going to be feeling so great this week.
But you know Fun-Squared is all about adding FUN to life’s moments, so even though there’s not a lot “fun” about this situation, I’m determined to add a few bright spots to her experience. Which is why this get well soon gift basket will be sitting in her house when she gets home from surgery today.
I feel like I’ve done a lot of gifts for Danetta for dumb little occasions, so coming up with what to put in this DIY Get Well Soon Gift Basket was a little tricky because I’ve given her a lot of things already. (Think Leslie Knope who is constantly finding ways to celebrate her friendship with Ann Perkins.)
So I’m going to break down for you a little of what makes great get well soon gift ideas and why I put in what I did. (And I’ve had 3 surgeries since starting Fun-Squared and Danetta has done a lot of these sweet things for me so I’m sort of stealing her ideas.)
Get Well Gift Ideas:
So if you’re looking to put together a whole get well gift basket for a friend or you just want a smaller gift, here are some get well gift ideas for you to draw from. And a peek at what’s in the basket I made for Danetta:
What to Put in a Get Well Gift:
Here’s what’s in there and some get well soon gift ideas for you to use for your own friends. (There are some affiliate links here.)
- Flowers-this is a traditional get well gift idea, but it’s always a nice touch. Flowers brighten a room and add a little cheer to life.
- Favorite Snacks-If Danetta is going to be laying around recovering all week I wanted her to have some of her favorite snacks to munch on. She loves Bugles so I grabbed her some of those.
- Treats-To go along with that, you’ve got to have chocolate to recover, right?! Cadbury Mini Eggs are guaranteed to help with that. But of course, if they aren’t in season, any favorite treats will do.
- Water Bottle–This is my all time favorite water bottle. LOVE IT! And everyone needs one, especially friends who are recovering from surgery and need to stay hydrated.
- Slippers-Both of us just love slippers and after surgery, they are a must right?! How cute are these ones?
- Cute Socks-Again, just a fun touch for recovering. Who doesn’t feel happier when their feet look cute?
- Lotion, Lip Balm, Hand Sanitizer, Gum-All just simple things she might want close at hand while she’s recovering.
- Candle-Just to add a touch of warmth and comfort and good smells to her home or room while she gets feeling better.
That’s a break down of the get well gift ideas that I had. I’d love to hear your own ideas!
Get Well Gift Tags:
Now, if you’d like a nice get well gift tag to attach to a gift basket or any get well gift idea, here’s what we’ve got for you:
It’s available in pink or blue.
You can right-click and save the get well gift tag to your computer and then print or here is a PDF with several on it that you can print and keep on hand:
Print Here: Get Well Soon Gift Tags
Hopefully, this post has been helpful for you in putting together a get well gift basket or gift.
And hopefully, Danetta will feel better soon!
Have FUN with these get well soon gift ideas!
You Might Also Like: