A Peek at the Fun: If you are looking to play a super fun game, I suggest you try playing this sardines game! It’s perfect for all ages and a blast to play with groups.
This sardines game is an absolute family favorite. We play it anytime we get the family together because it takes zero planning and entertains everyone for hours…literally hours! It’s perfect because it can be played anywhere and with any number of players.
I have all of the details, and I promise…you will love playing!
Look at my goofy family playing sardines. We had a fun vacation in Park City, Utah and needed to kill some time at the hotel and sardines was our solution. Side note, if you’re looking for a fun vacation, Park City is worth a look and I have some fun suggestions for you. It sounds completely strange to play at hotels, but it’s one of our favorite places. We get some weird looks, but we have tons of laughs.
Sardines is a reversed version of hide and go seek. Instead of having one player be in charge of finding all of the people, in sardines one player hides and everyone else needs to seek.
How to Play Sardines:
- Determine your playing area. If places are off limits, now is the time to set that rule. We usually keep bathrooms off limits. Now is also the time to decide if you want to play with lights on or off. When we are playing in an environment we can control, like a house, we keep the lights off.
- Choose one player to be “IT” or player one-this player will be the one who will hide from all of the other players. If you are playing with younger children feel free to play in pairs, assigning two players to hide.
- Once you have your designated player, you need to give them time to select a hiding place. Gather all of the players in one place and have them close their eyes. We usually give 2-3 minutes for our player to hide.
- Player one uses their time to select a hiding place. The hiding place needs to be large enough people can hide with that player.
- When time has been allowed for player one to hide, all of the other players separate to look for player one.
- Once a player locates player one, they quietly sneak into the hiding place and hide with player one. This continues on until every player finds player one and hides with that player. Toward the end it gets a little squishy (hence the name…sardines!).
- Once all players have found player one, the round is over and a new player one can be selected and the game is repeated.
Sardines is one of our favorite games to play as a family. We also love to player “Murder in the Dark,” these two games are seriously our favorites!
I hope you have fun playing this Sardines Game!
You Might Also Like: