A Peek at the Fun: This Birthday Cake Puppy Chow is not only amazing but it’s so simple. It’s a must try for sure!
Have you ever heard of puppy chow? What about muddy buddies? Whether you call them muddy muddies or puppy chow they are the same…delicious! I love all the puppy chow recipes and I think it’s so fun to find variations of the original recipe. And this birthday cake puppy chow recipe really takes the cake! 😉
If you love cake batter, you will absolutely love this birthday cake muddy buddy recipe. It has all the yummy goodness of muddy buddies and birthday cake.
Birthday Cake Puppy Chow:
If you’ve made the traditional puppy chow recipe this one will look a little bit different, but it’s just as quick and simple. Let’s see what you’ll need.
- Rice Chex Cereal
- White Chocolate Chips
- White Cake Mix
- Cupcake Bites (I found mine at Target but I found these on Amazon)
So the ingredients look different but the process is the same. Instead of using powdered sugar you’ll be using the dry cake mix. I’m such a sucker for cake batter so this recipe just makes me drool. SO GOOD!!Print
Birthday Cake Puppy Chow
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 9 Cups Rice Chex Mix
- 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Package of Dry Cake Mix
- 1 Container of Cupcake Bites
Pour the Rice Chex Cereal in a large bowl
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave. Cook for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time. You don’t want to overcook the chocolate chips because they will burn. Heat until completely smooth.
After the chocolate is melted add the vanilla. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Toss until the cereal is well coated.
Once the cereal is coated, pour the cake mix over the cereal. Toss until it’s well coated.
Add the cupcake bites and mix in.
It’s seriously so simple!
- Don’t over mix your cereal when coating it with the chocolate. The cereal tends to break and you want to keep them whole, so mix gently.
- You can adjust how much chocolate or cake mix you use. If you like it completely coated do closer to 2 cups of white chocolate chips.
- You can store the puppy chow in an airtight container or Ziplock bag to keep them fresh.
If you love this puppy chow recipe, I have some others I think you’ll want to check out.
Have FUN making this Birthday Cake Puppy Chow Recipe!
You Might Also Like: