A Peek at the Fun: These coconut muddy buddies are so yummy and such a simple recipe. You will fall in love with this variation of a traditional treat.
How many of you love muddy buddies? If your hand is raised, I have a recipe you’ll want to try! These coconut muddy buddies are seriously so dreamy. They have the ease of the traditional muddy buddy recipe but a totally new spin. I think you might just fall in love.
Coconut Muddy Buddies:
Let’s start at the beginning…what do you call these? Do you know them as muddy buddies or puppy chow? I’ve heard it both ways, I think it just comes down to preference. But no matter what you call them, they are so delicious.
Because this recipe is a variation of a traditional muddy buddy recipe the shopping list looks a bit different.
- Rice Chex Mix Cereal
- White Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Coconut Extract
- Mini Marshmallows
The recipe is just as simple as the original recipe and so yummy.Print
Coconut Muddy Buddies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 9 Cups Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1–2 Tsp. Coconut Extract (or to taste)
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Coconut Flakes as Desired
Pour Chex cereal in a large bowl.
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat them for 30 seconds at a time and then stir. Don’t overcook the chocolate. Heat until completely smooth.
Add coconut extract to the melted chocolate and stir.
Pour over Chex cereal and stir until coated.
Add powdered sugar and mix until completely coated.
Add coconut flakes, extra white chocolate chips and marshmallows as desired.
- Don’t over mix. The more you mix the more the cereal breaks, so mix carefully.
- You can add more coconut extract if you want a stronger coconut flavor. I usually like a lot of coconut flavoring in mine so I do extra.
- Be careful when heating the chocolate to not to heat it too long. Keep it short and then stir for best result.
- You can store these in an airtight container or Ziplock baggie for storage.
This recipe makes a large amount so it’s perfect for parties or family gatherings. It’s really a perfect treat.
If you love this recipe I have more you will want to try.
Have FUN making these coconut muddy buddies!
You Might Also Like: