A Peek at the Fun: For a fun dessert that is entirely edible, learn how to make a chocolate bowl, then fill it with this yummy chocolate mousse for a perfect treat. Make it festive for any holiday or birthday or any special occasion.
We hope by now you know one thing about us…we love chocolate. So, when Amber asks if we should try to make Valentine’s Chocolate Bowls the answer is an obvious YES! Whether you are planning a romantic dinner for two or sharing Valentine’s night with the kiddos, this Valentine’s chocolate bowl is a must try. Let us show you how to make a chocolate bowl, then fill it with a yummy chocolate mousse and make it festive for a holiday or special occasion. We love the way this turned out for Valentine’s day, and most importantly, it tasted amazing.
Aren’t these so adorable? We filled these bowls with chocolate mousse and topped them with whipped cream and sprinkles. We can’t think of a better combination.
How to Make a Chocolate Bowl:
Let’s walk you through how to make a chocolate bowl and then talk about how cute it can look for Valentine’s Day!
- Balloons (make sure you buy sturdy balloons so they can hold up the some heat)
- Pink Melting Chocolate
- Chocolate Mousse (we used the Dream Whip mousse recipe)
- Whipped Cream
Chocolate Balloon Bowls Tutorial:
- Blow up a balloon to a softball size.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, making sure it’s not too hot or it will pop your balloon.
- Dip the balloon in the chocolate about half way. This will be the size of your cup, so just decide how deep you want it.
- Sprinkle before the chocolate dries.
- Let the chocolate dry completely.
- Pop the balloon and let it pull away from the sides of the chocolate. If the balloon doesn’t naturally release from the chocolate, carefully work the balloon away from the sides.
Chocolate Balloon Bowls Valentine’s Dessert:
Now that you’ve got the chocolate bowls made, make them festive and fun for Valentine’s Day! They really will make a fun treat for that night whether it’s for your kids or your hubby or yourself…
Make Your Mousse:
We like to keep things simple, so we used Dream Whip to create this. The other option we love is making chocolate pudding and adding cool whip to it.
Fill with mousse and top with whip cream and sprinkles! Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Have a deliciously FUN Valentine’s Day!
You Might Also Like: