A Peek at the Fun: Looking for Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas? We’ve got you covered with teacher gifts, door decorating ideas and simple things you can do to make the teacher’s week extra special!
If there’s one thing we know inside out, backward and forwards, it’s Teacher Appreciation Week. For years we were in charge of it at our school-not just in the classroom but for the whole school (it was exhausting but fun), so we have tons and tons of teacher appreciation week ideas.
We’ve decorated doors, we’ve planned meals and baked treats and we’ve put together tons of great teacher appreciation gifts. We love spoiling our teachers because we feel like they make such a great difference in the lives of our kids. If you’re looking for ideas for your teacher appreciation week, keep reading! We’ve got lots to pack into this post.
If you’re looking for teacher gift ideas, we’ve got SO many of those! We’ve also got ideas for themes and little ways to make the week great!
Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas:
Get ready, because this post is PACKED with fun ideas to help you celebrate teacher appreciation week. We’ve got ideas for door decorating, teacher gift ideas, ways to spoil your teacher (besides the gift)s, teacher appreciation week themes-all kinds of teacher appreciation week ideas to get you started on this endeavor!
We are going to start with gifts because they are our favorite!
Of course, teacher gifts are a major part of the week…and we love it! We have SO many ideas for you!
But we also feel like these teachers should get something great that they will really use and really love. Not another mug that’s painted like a ruler.
We always try to include a gift card with our gifts for teachers and often just try to find a fun way to package up a gift card and make it fun for the teacher, maybe with some other fun and useful things thrown in there as well.
So here are some great teacher gift ideas to get you rolling.
Teacher Gift Ideas:
We said we love teacher gifts, so we have lots of fun ideas for you! Check out these two post that are full of great teacher gift ideas.
And here’s a look at a few of our favorites!
And what’s teacher appreciation without unicorns and donuts?!
Fill a cute makeup bag with all sorts of fun beauty products like lip gloss and nail polish, top it off with this cute gift tag and throw a fun gift card in there and you’re all set!
These are just some simple and goofy tags that you can add to candy bars and treats and give to your teacher. It’s something you could send each day, or in a basket at the end of the week or just pick one and add a gift card. Pick and choose what works for you!
This one could be really fun for the teacher-a night out at the movies! Or use a Redbox gift card and give her a night in. Just put together some fun movie themed items and tie them all together in a fun movie night gift basket!
Say “Mahalo” to your teacher with this cute pineapple themed gift! Fill it with bright yellow items and make it look cute like a pineapple in a mason jar. Fun and different!
Teacher Appreciation Themes:
Usually a theme is chosen for the whole teacher appreciation week. If you’re the one in charge coming up with a theme for teacher appreciation week for the whole school (that’s been us several times), here are some fun ideas to get you started!
Some of these link to posts that have lots of ideas and others are just to get your mind rolling with the teacher appreciation theme idea. Once you’ve got a theme you can come up with all the little pieces that you need to put together a great week! This is where the fun starts!
- How Sweet It Is To Be Taught By You (think all things sweet)
- Movie Star/Hollywood Theme (red carpet, star walk of fame, awards ceremonies)
- Wild About Our Teachers (jungle/animals)
- Dr. Seuss Theme
- Pirate Themed (we did this one and had a lot of fun with it!)
- Treat Yo’ Self! Theme (all things pampering)
- Disney Theme (Because why not!? So fun)
- Super Hero Theme (We love this one by Kara’s Party Ideas)
- The Force Is Strong Star Wars Theme
- Camping Theme
- Travel Theme (Picture below…so adorable)
What other teacher appreciation themes have you seen that you’ve loved.
Teacher Appreciation Ideas:
Other than teacher gift ideas, what are you going to do for your teachers? It can be fun to do sweet little things each day throughout the week that will brighten your teacher’s day. (Who wouldn’t love that?)
Here are some simple and fun ways to spoil your teacher during teacher appreciation week.
- Bring her lunch from her favorite restaurant. You could do this once during the week or you could have parents sign up to each choose a day to bring something.
- Have all of the kids wear her favorite color one day.
- Each student write her a sweet note or draw her a picture.
- Have each kid bring a flower one day-then put them all together to make a big bouquet.
- Write the teacher a thank you note about what you have loved throughout the year.
- Gather school supplies that can be used in the classroom.
- Collect money to go towards a big group gift from the class.
- Have each kid bring a treat/snack that the teacher loves and put together a whole snack basket for her.
If you want more ideas for what’s best to do for your teachers, here’s a great post-The Top 5 Gifts Teachers Really Want!
Things to do for the Teachers at School:
On a larger scale, if you are planning something for all of the teachers in the school, here are some fun ideas:
- Spa hour-bring in local beauty school students to give the teachers pedicures or manicures
- Happy hour-let the teachers mix up their own drinks (soda) with things like coconut flavoring, limes, whatever you want.
- Have a breakfast for the teachers before school starts.
- Bring in a catered lunch during their lunch hour.
- Have treats in the teacher’s lounge during the day.
- Have the room moms decorate the teacher’s doors to fit the theme of the week.
Classroom Door Decorations:
A lot of schools have room moms and parents decorate the doors for teacher appreciation week. If you’re on the hunt for some cute door decorating ideas, here are a few of our favorites!
Hopefully, those ideas get some wheels turning in your brain and you have fun decorating a door for your teachers.
OK, that was a LOT of teacher appreciation week ideas. Hopefully, these have been helpful to you! We’d love to hear your own ideas or see things you like to do.
Have FUN with these teacher appreciation week ideas.
You Might Also Like: