A Peek at the Fun: Are you looking for the perfect baby shower gift idea? We have this baby diaper cake idea which is adorable and super practical. We will show you exactly how to make a diaper cake of your own…they are really simple!
Everyone knows just how adorable and snuggly babies are, not to mention completely lovable! Just talking about babies makes us swoon just a little (okay, we are swooning a lot). But we also know just how hard it is to make sure babies have everything they need, and one of the biggies is the insane amount of diapers needed to get a baby through their first year. That’s what makes this baby diaper cake such a fantastic baby shower gift idea. It’s both adorable and functional, which will win the day every time!
We will show you just how easy putting together a diaper cake truly is…come take a look!
Baby Diaper Cake:
This diaper cake was so fun to put together because we did it for Danetta’s little niece and nephew (twins) so it was double the fun!! You can adjust the color scheme to whatever your needs are, you can even do a gender neutral cake if the gender is remaining a surprise!
Diaper Cake Instructions:
- *Diapers (about 120 diapers, we used one box of diapers for this cake)
- Diaper Cream
- Baby Powder
- Baby Lotion
- Stuffed Animals
- Hair Bows
- Gift Card
- *Rubber bands
You will not need all of these supplies, you can decide how much you want to add to your cake.
*These are the items you will need to complete the diaper cake.
How to Make a Baby Diaper Cake:
- Roll the diapers and wrap them with a rubber band.
- Start to build your layers by standing your rolled diapers in the center of a circle and working your way out. If you need to use rubber bands to help hold the shape you can place a large rubber band around the whole circle. When you have your circle complete, wrap it with the ribbon, securing it together.
- Once you have completed the bottom layer, repeat this process for the next 2 layers. We used about 20 less diapers per layer.
- Stack each layer on top of each other creating a three layered cake. Once you have the basic cake done, it’s time to add the decorations. Place your items on the cake where they best fit. If you have items that can stick in between the diapers, that will help hold them securely. We used packing tape to help hold items in place, but be careful not to stick the tape to the diapers so they can still be used.
It’s that simple, such a fun and easy gift to give. Isn’t it so adorable?!
Have FUN making your baby diaper cake!!
You Might Also Like:
Creative New Baby Gift Baskets:
Leave a Reply