A Peek at the Fun: Do you have a graduation on the horizon? If so, I have a really fun and simple high school graduation gift idea you will absolutely love. It’s such a fun way to give your graduation money and gift cards.
It’s that time of year again…GRADUATIONS! And this year is a special graduation around here because my cute blog assistant Gracie is graduating high school. I’m so thrilled to celebrate her and this wonderful accomplishment. (We aren’t even going to talk about the fact that she’s moving away for college). So, I knew I needed a really fun and amazing high school graduation gift idea for this special gal. This money and gift card wreath did not disappoint, it’s so cute!
If you have a graduate, they will absolutely love this fun graduation gift. Keep in mind your graduates school colors and try to find paper and candy to match. Our colors were red and gold!
High School Graduation Gift Idea:
Isn’t this so fun? And what graduate wouldn’t love to have money and gift cards? And it’s seriously super simple to put together, I’ll show you step by step. Let’s get started.
- Styrofoam Wreath- Whatever size you want to fill up.
- Crinkle Paper- Found in the gift section at the store. You may want to use the colors of the high school your graduation attended.
- Dollar Bills- Whatever amount you would like.
- Gift Cards
- Glue Gun
- Double Sided Tape
- Printed Paper- For paper fan behind the tag
- Printable Gift Tag- Available at the bottom of this post
How to Make this Graduation Gift Card and Money Wreath:
Let’s put together the money circles first so they are ready to be attached to the wreath.
- Start by folding your dollar bills back and forth like you are making a fan.
- Once two bills are folded, tie them together in the center with a string or curly cue ribbon.
- Using double sided tape, tape end together making a circle.
- Please see below image.
Making the wreath:
- Gather your glue gun, crinkle paper, and foam wreath.
- Start by spreading glue over the foam wreath. While the glue is still hot push handfuls of paper into the glue. All the paper won’t stick but you want plenty of paper so you don’t get burned by the glue.
- Repeat this step covering small areas at a time.
- When your wreath is covered, gently shake the wreath so the loose paper will fall away. When you do this step, you will see empty patches. Fill them in by adding glue and attaching paper. Continue until the wreath is fully covered.
Before you can start to attach all the items, you need to print your gift tag and make a paper fan to back the tag. Making the paper fan is the same process as the dollar circles. Just cut the patterned paper slightly wider than your tag width.
I have the tag ready for you to print.
To print this tag, right click the image and save to your computer, open in a program like Word or Pages, size to what you like, and print.
Or here’s a PDF file with 2 sizes all ready to print!
Now you get to attach all the fun stuff. Lay out your items around the wreath to get a feel for where you want to place them. Once you have it arranged the way you like, you can start to attach them to the wreath using double sided tape. If you feel like they aren’t sticking you can even use your glue gun for the gift cards and the tag. It’s just that simple…a fun and simple high school graduation gift!
Have FUN giving your graduation this fun gift.
You Might Also Like: