A Peek at the Fun: If you have kiddos who are obsessed with Fortnite, we have this super fun Fortnite Party Game they will absolutely love! So put down the controllers and let’s start the real fun!
~Written by Danetta~
I have three boys at my house who all seem obsessed with the game Fortnite! They love playing, doing the dances, talking about the changes, and even watching other people play! They LOVE Fortnite! So, it seemed like a natural fit to put together this super fun Fortnite Party Game to play at one of my son’s birthday party. It is really simple to put together, and I promise, it is such a fun time!
Fortnite Party Game:
We had a blast playing this super simple Fortnite party game. It’s a fun mix of Fortnite and Nerf Gun Battles…such a perfect combination.
Let’s learn how to play.
What you will need:
- Nerf Guns & Bullets
- Safety Glasses
- Barriers to Hide Behind-(we used cardboard boxes stacked)
- 2-3 Treasure Chests-filled with bandages (representing extra lives), guns and bullets
- Port-A-Fort with Printable Tag
You will also need to decide where you are playing. You can play anywhere you don’t mind shooting Nerf Guns and having Nerf bullets flying around. We had access to our church building and that worked perfectly.
How to Play:
- To set up the round, you will hide (but not too hard) your treasure chest throughout the gaming area. You will also scatter guns, bandages, and bullets throughout the area.
- Each player will decide where they want to “drop in” and that’s where they will start the game. You can let the players play in squads, duos, or play solitary. Or try all the ways!
- Each player will have 90 second after the game has started to gather their equipment needed to play the game. They may select up to two guns (or as many as you have provided) and any other items they find. Once the 90 seconds is done, the “eye of the storm” will shrink bringing everyone to the gaming area. This the area you want the battle to be played.
- In the gaming field, you will have set up an area that the players can battle. We used cardboard boxes and stacked them, forming barrier to hide behind. We also provided a Port-A-Fort for the team that found the Port-A-Fort tag (ready for you to print at the end of this post). This gives an advantage to the team that gets it, because it provides more cover. We made our Port-A-Fort out of a large cardboard box, but you can create any area that offers better defenses for a team. If you want to spice things up, you can create the different lands found in the Fortnite game. Have fun and be creative when designing your arena. But as always, it doesn’t need to be complicated to be amazing!
- Once the players are in the arena, they battle it out. It’s best to use a “referee” to keep things fair. Also, make sure each player has their safety glasses on while playing. Trust me, it’s no fun getting shot with a Nerf bullet in the eye…I still have a black spot on one of my eyes! We also create the rule that no “head shots” are allowed. We don’t want people being hit in their faces or heads. The idea is to have fun, not to get hurt!!
- The game ends when the last player remains, or the last squad. Keep in mind, that a player who found a bandage at the beginning may turn it in for an extra life.
- When the game is completed…repeat!! 🙂 While the kiddos are waiting for the items to be scattered around for another round, they can compete in a Fortnite dance off. Any child that plays Fortnite is sure to have some of the dances mastered!
Here is your Port-A-Fort printable for you to use. Simply right-click to save it to your computer, then open it in a program like Pages or Word, size it how you want, and print.
Have FUN playing this fun and simple Fortnite Game!
You May Also Like: