A Peek at the Fun: This chocolate candy cake makes the best gift ever for chocolate lovers on their birthday or for other occasions! It’s easy to make, creative and a really fun gift to give and to receive!
There are a few things that we are passionate about.
For Amber, it’s planners and gray blankets. For Danetta it’s Diet Coke and Bath and Body Works products.
But one thing we both agree on and are obsessed with is chocolate. How can you go wrong with chocolate? Cookies, ice cream, brownies, cake, we’ll take it in any form, but today we’re going to give it to you in candy form. Candy made into a cake.
If you’ve got a chocolate lover in your life they are going to LOVE this chocolate candy cake. In fact, you will probably be their favorite person if you give them this for their birthday!
Now, we made a candy cake recently from fruity candy and you all loved it!
But we couldn’t resist making a chocolate version because to us it’s so much yummier! Want to make one yourself? Got someone in your life who loves chocolate and would love this as a gift? (This would also be a fun centerpiece at a birthday party.)
Let’s make it!
Chocolate Candy Cake Tutorial:
- 2 Hat Boxes in different sizes (You can get them at the craft store. We used the 9-inch and 7-inch sizes but any will work.)
- Candy bars for the bottom layer-we used M&Ms and it took about 12 King size packs
- Candy bars for the next layer-use any kind you want here! We found a box with a bunch in it that saved some money. You are going to need about 15-18 for this layer
- Mini or fun-size candy bars to fill the top
- Floral foam in a circle to fit in your top box
- Happy Birthday sign (we found ours at the craft store. Also check party stores.)
- Birthday accents and ribbon
- Double stick tape
- Rubber bands (large ones)
How to Make a Chocolate Candy Cake:
Here’s a video of the process that we used to make this cake.
Basically, you just need to use a rubber band around each level and then add some double stick tape to the back of each candy bar and tuck it in behind the rubber band.
Add your two layers worth of candy in this way. Then add your floral foam on the top and stick your sign and accents down into it.
Fill the top with your mini candy bars.
Add ribbon around each layer to cover the rubber bands.
And you’re all set to give this fun chocolate candy cake!
How great is that?!
Have FUN giving this chocolate candy cake!
You Might Also Like: