A Peek at the Fun: What goes better than 4th of July and Firecrackers? The 4th of July and these Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats…that’s what! These cute little patriotic dessert ideas are perfect for your 4th of July celebration.
I’m in love with these firecracker Rice Krispie Treats…tasty and so festive. And the fact that they are adorable is just the sparkler on top! 🙂
And have I mentioned how fun they are to eat? I added Pop Rocks for some extra fun while eating them.
Seriously, these Rice Krispie Treats make the perfect patriotic dessert. They look the part with the red, white and blue plus they are perfect for large groups of people.
Let’s talk about how simple these babies are to make.
- Rice Krispies (6 Cups)
- Bag of Full Size Marshmallows
- Butter (1/4 Cup)
- 2 Packages of Pop Rocks (Red or Blue)
- Red Licorice Ropes
- Red and blue sprinkles (optional)
- Non Stick Spray
Let’s put these cuties together.
How to Make Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats:
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a microwavable bowl.
- Add 1 full package of marshmallows to melted butter and microwave for 1-2 minutes. You want the marshmallows to be puffy but don’t over cook.
- Stir together.
- Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies.
- Once everything is mixed, add one package of Pop Rocks to the mixture and stir. Some of the Pop Rocks will start to pop but that’s okay, plenty will still pop while you are eating them.
- Place in a 9×13 greased pan and pat down. The easiest way to get everything placed in the pan is to butter your fingertips and pat the Rice Krispies into the pan.
- Once you have the mixture flat, sprinkle the top with more Pop Rocks and red and blue sprinkles.
- Let them set up for about an hour. Once firm, cut into squares and add a piece of red licorice in the top of each square. We added a little curly cue ribbon for some added flare.
Aren’t these a perfect patriotic dessert? They will definitely be a hit for any 4th of July party.
Have Fun eating these firecracker Rice Krispie Treats.
You Might Also Like: