We’ve got a GREAT party for you today, but first-we want to make sure you remember the Friend Squared
Birthday parties are so fun, but they definitely can add up quickly and become a strain on your budget. We don’t think it needs to be a financial stress to throw a fun party! All you need is a little creativity, a little bit of time, and Fun-Squared to make a fabulous Right on Target-Nerf Gun Birthday Party for under $50 (for 12 people)!
We threw Danetta’s cutie pie niece a fun Nerf Gun inspired party, and it was a hit! This is a great party idea for teenagers.
Right on Target Nerf Gun Birthday Party:
How fun are these colors? We were told these were some of the party girl’s favorites, so we just took it and went crazy! We both have boys, so throwing a party with hot pink is a dream come true! We had to add polka dots because we just think everything is better with polka dots!
Have you ever made fans? They are so simple and add a pop of color to your party. In the totals we give you at the end, we included the price of paper to make these, but you can use any extra paper you have. We really tried to include items in this party most people will have around their houses, hopefully reducing the price tag for this party even lower!
These fans are super simple to make!
- Decide on the size you want the fans to be. (If you want one to be 12×12, which is what we have in the picture above, you just cut a 12×12 piece of paper in half-it takes 4 half sheets to make one fan. The smaller fans will only take two pieces of paper.)
- Fold the paper back and forth like an accordion until the entire paper is folded.
- Take your folded papers and glue the ends together (we used hot glue).
- You will glue all of the ends of the papers together until you have made a circle.
- Take one side of your circle and fold it in on itself, laying it out flat.
- Glue a circle in the middle of your fan on both sides of the fan (this gives it stability).
Then just put them all around for an easy and cheap decoration!
You can add some fun decorations by simply wrapping water bottles with strips of paper and adding the printable targets (download them below). They become a functional decoration!
One of the must haves for this party is safety googles!! Make sure everyone in the room has safety glasses and they keep them on the whole time. We found these glasses on Amazon for only a dollar each! We added two different colors of bandanas to give to the two team members. If you are wanting to save money, skip this step, or use left over strips of fabric!
We love the way this backdrop came out. We wanted something that would be inexpensive and simple to make and this does both. We used tissue paper, a glue gun, and a poster board and it made a fun and colorful backdrop for our party.
Probably the best part of this party are these ice cream cakes in a cup! So simple to make and so yummy! We’ve got the recipe for these here.
This party is spent with people shooting nerf guns at each other. There are so many variations on how to play, but one vital point is to have shelters to hide behind to avoid getting “shot!” We made our shelters out of card board boxes, and they were quick and easy! All you have to do is tape boxes together so they become large enough to hide behind. We have these pictures to show you how we made this one.
Check out our “how to” video!
If you’ve got a large, flat piece of cardboard you can create a barrier with a window to peek out of like we did. You’ll want at least 6 of these barriers (of some variety) probably, to space out around the area you are playing in.
Take a look at our barricades in action!
Game Suggestions: It’s a good idea to have several variations of this game so your party goers stay interested in the activities. We arranged our arena into two sections on either side of the room. Make sure each side has an equal amount of barricades to use. It’s also a good idea to have a “referee” to call who is out (it’s sometimes hard to tell when you get hit).
- If you get hit with a bullet you are out and go to the side of the room.
- No head shots! Whoever shoots a head shot is out.
We played several different games at this party, here are just a few ideas…
- Basic Two Team Game: split into two groups. Have each team on their own sides when the game starts. The referee will start the game. Each team works together to get all the members on the opposing team out by hitting them with a bullet. Last team standing wins.
- Capture the Flag: Again, you have two teams, each team having a flag. The game is won by capturing the opposing team’s flag and making it back to your team’s side without getting shot or you’re out.
- Last Man Standing: Start the game on teams but once the other team is all out, it becomes last man standing-everyone for themselves. Play until there is only one player remaining.
- Target Practice: Put a target on two balloons and line both teams up. Each player has a chance to shoot the target, only moving on the next player after the target has been hit. Whichever team finishes first, wins!
- Musical Shooting: Same rules as the Basic Two Team Game but add a twist with music. When the music is playing you are free to shoot but when the music stops you must freeze. Anyone who shoots past the music stopping is out.
There are so many variations for this party, just get creative and have fun!
Okay, lets talk money! We have given you the breakdown of everything we used for this party! Keep in mind that this is assuming you have none of these things at your home.
Basic party supplies: (included in the $50.00)
- $11.45-Safety Googles-MUST HAVE! (affiliate)
- $22.20-Ice cream cakes in a cup w/spoons
- $4.99-Duct Tape
- $10.04-Tissue Paper Backdrop
Total for basic party supplies=$48.68
Party Extras: We did lots of fun extras so our pictures would be fun for the blog! 🙂 Because you probably aren’t blogging your party you may decide you don’t need extras!
- $4.68-Party Fans
- $9.24-Gum Balls
- $12.00-Bandanas (If you want each team to have a team color, you can also use strips of left over fabric)
Total for the party extras=$35.21
We gave you two color options for your party. Here are your invitations and targets-you can right click and save it to your computer and then open it in a program like Word or Pages and size how you want, OR we have a PDF file with a bunch of them on it ready for you to print here:
To personalize these invitations, right click and save them to your computer. If you need help adding the text, here’s a tutorial to walk you through it.
Have FUN throwing this party!
You Might Also Like: